Friday, June 4, 2010

My Favourite Picks! (week 2)

 I hope everyone had a great week and I wish you a fantastic weekend!

 My week has been  a bit on edge trying to get my  Zibbet Shop- Carolyn's Jewellery shop up and running. I am just waiting for my mailers to get here then I'll have my items listed. YAY! I just hope that I will get a few sales fast as I am in much need of a bit of finance so I can buy more seed beads.
I am also happy to report that I have the flu! yay...... I feel like staying in bed for a few years but I gotta write this week's post as I found some of the most fantastic things and people.


Here it is again, My favourite picks for this week in Beads/Components, Blogger, and Shop/Designer.



Beads/Components

As I searched this vast web for my new fav bead/components but I was uninspired for a while and nothing really said "love me" to me. So today I decided to take some time to think of what I would like for this week........ think think think!
Etsy is quickly becoming my favourite site for finding supplies so I turned to Etsy for help. Now, what to search for..?
Oh Yes, I know! my favourite gemstone in my favourite shape.... Amethyst  Teardrops!
My first search came up with gorgeous stones but one stood out the most... I couldn't believe how beautiful they are.

These  Faceted Pink Amethyst Teardrop Briolettes by Rocks A Million are just absolutely sparkly. They are AAA grade and transparent, approximately 26  teardrops are sold on a strand. They measure from 9x5mm to 11x6mm and as you see from the photo they are beautifully faceted!

Though I can't buy these since I made a pact with myself not to buy anything until I sell enough for my jewellery to pay for itself LOL I just couldn't resist posting these.
I just hope someone doesn't grab these before I get to them!

Rock A Million also has lots of different kind of gemstones that are all beautiful.

So that's my pick on beads/components this week!





Blogger of the Week

Lots of thoughts ran though my mind on who I should choose for this week after a short while of again...thinking I decided to give this to a fantastic duo...a husband and wife who together creates Rough Magic.

Rough Magic Creations
 She says "Many of my creations combine the "Rough" of my husband Joe's hardwood carvings and my copper work with the "Magic" of gemstones, pearls and Swarovski crystals. On the rare occasions when we're not busy in our studio, we're watching the ocean, cooking, or catching up with the demands of our small press - publishing Pre-World War I American plays for college courses. In our "spare" time, we play with our kitty cat and keep our two aquariums of tropical fish."

Rough Magic Creations is also a contributor to Etsy Project Embrace which is a fantastic group that creates awareness and support for persons who have been diagnosed with cancer.

Please continue to do what it is you do, create Rough Magic!

That's my blogger of the week!



Shop/Designer of the Week

This week's featured Shop/Designer is an inspiring story. One that's would make you get off your butt (well, my butt)  and start really getting serious. Who this person is?

Aqua Necklace, Chalcedony on a Sterling Silver Ring with pearl, Great Bridesmaid Gifts
                                                                                                   


 She is Darrah of Otis B Jewellery on Etsy who about 2 years ago almost lost her house but beause of Etsy and her very hard work she put into her store she was not only able to keep her house but added a studio and a family room. She is the mother of two girls and also self taught jewellery designer.

She wrote
Then we were at the end of the rope. Desperation gave me the final shove I needed to really sink myself into the Etsy game. I listed about 30 items in one day, and sold one! I was HOOKED. The feeling of my first sale to complete stranger was like crack! (No, I don't really know what crack is like, but I understand it's addictive :op)

I re-shot all my items in ways that I thought were a bit more appealing and sold just a few more pieces. Okaaaaaaay, but not what I was looking for.''

"December of 2008 I sold 27 items. I was SO EXCITED! I was then determines, along with husband to make Etsy a real priority for the sake of our fiscal health, haha!"


Read her entire post We almost have to leave our house...then Etsy happened.
 
Now she has loads and loads of success on Etsy where at the moment has over 3,00 sales! That's the most I have EVER seen!
 
She makes jewellery that composes mostly of Sterling sliver that features mostly gemstone teardrops (which I love!), pearls and beautiful little leaves but it's not just those bits that makes her jewellery beautiful and irresistible. She is soo nice! When I asked to feature her and her shop on my blog she answered with a smile that you could see in the convo!
 
I wish you all the best with lots more success!
 
-------------------------------------
That's the end of this week's favourites. Let me know what you think!
Stay tuned for next week's picks (if I can make it out the bed).
 
Thanks for reading
Carolyn

 I am in no way associated with the company/companies or person/persons mention above.
All rights and reserves on photos etc belongs to the above mentioned. 
 

No comments: